This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How does it feel wearing a sling ?

(2 Posts)
JontyMyers Fri 27-Jun-14 15:47:36

Thinking about getting a victoriaslinglady sling i know how it goes on etc but i was wondering how evenly is weight distributed once baby gets older and heavier

PurplePidjin Fri 27-Jun-14 19:31:18

I had a VSL from when ds was born. We moved onto a woven when he was about 5 months as despite being in the weight limit he was able to push himself backwards so I wanted something more secure and also so I could back carry. If you want to have a play, look for your local sling meet/library - they usually have weighted dolls for demo purposes and practising with, I was 7 months pregnant when i first went and it was really useful to have had a proper play before risking my tiny fragile new born grin

I would say that it was my absolute best baby purchase. DP brought it in to the hospital the day after he was born, and I'll be packing a stretchy in my hospital bag if/when there's a next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now