Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Backpack for walks in the country

(3 Posts)
CruCru Thu 29-May-14 14:07:56

I am looking for a backpack to shove DD (currently seven months) in for walks. I've been looking at the little life ones in John Lewis - are they any good?

Spindelina Tue 03-Jun-14 14:32:26

Not stalking, honest, but you've got an Ergo, right? The weight with that is right close to you. A backpack is different - the weight is much much further back. For that reason, I find them much more off-balancing and less comfortable.

I find it more comfortable to use a messenger-style bag underneath the sling (Manduca in my case), or backpack on back and sling on front (DD 23mo, 12kg). Or even better, an onbag with which you can do either.

CMOTDibbler Tue 03-Jun-14 14:35:56

We had a LL framed carrier at one point, but both of us preferred a meitai as its a much better weight distribution when walking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now