This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Outward facing carrier

(6 Posts)
Mirrhi Wed 28-May-14 21:21:56

Hi,

We're looking for a carrier to use with DS where he can be facing outwards as he much prefers this. He is 5 months old so one that could be used now or as soon as possible is ideal. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance thanks

Oriunda Wed 28-May-14 21:24:24

Ergo, can use now facing out and then he can go on your back when he is older. DS is 2 and I am using mine much more now he goes on my back. Particularly good when travelling and using tube etc when you don't want to be lugging a pushchair up stairs.

HamAndPlaques Thu 29-May-14 00:35:28

careful, standard ergo is not suitable for facing out but the new ergo 360 is. The other option is a beco Gemini. Both will support baby knee-to-knee but forward facing still forces am awkward curve in the spine so really only for shorter periods of time.

Mirrhi Thu 29-May-14 09:25:30

Thanks both, that's really useful. [Thanks]

CruCru Thu 29-May-14 14:02:51

I have both the Ergo and the Beco Gemini, I much prefer the Beco.

berryclever Wed 24-Sep-14 14:00:56

The new ErgoBaby 360 lets your baby face outward. The BabyBjorn is very popular with our parents -- outward facing as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now