This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Using a moby wrap on 5 week old

(3 Posts)
Runmumrun1 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:25:50

I've been using my moby wrap with the newborn hug hold on my 5 week old since she was 1 week (daily) but recently she's got very fussy in it and will cry, push and try and straighten her legs. I have wondered if her feet are uncomfortable but have read that the 'hug hold' with legs out shouldn't be used until she's 2-3 months and her legs have straightened fully. Is this the case? If so I'll just look at other reasons for her fussiness...

tammyz25 Thu 03-Apr-14 17:46:40

she probably does just want her legs out. you can start using the other hold already. i have a k'tan (similar to a moby, just no wrapping) and started wearing my lo with legs out at around 4 weeks. he just preferred it that way and then he was much happier. also, they say that stretching legs and trying to "stand up" in the carrier indicates that they are ready for legs out. enjoy!

pootlebug Sat 05-Apr-14 22:51:49

i am a sling consultant. I teach legs out from birth, in line with the most recent thinking from most consultants and teaching schools. So I'd go for legs out and not worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now