Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Best sling for daytime naps?

(5 Posts)
Plentyofcats Tue 01-Apr-14 20:29:14

My dd (9 weeks) will only nap in the day if I wear her in the baby Bjorn which is fine for going out walking, but is too uncomfortable to wear sitting or standing around the house for any length of time.

Can anyone recommend a really comfortable sling that I can wear to potter around the house and/or sit on the sofa with her in? She loves to nap facing in to my chest to shut off all visual stimulation so outward facing slings are no good. Also the easier it is to get on and off the better - I'm rubbish with Moby slings etc.

TIA!

Indith Tue 01-Apr-14 20:39:05

Have you a sling library near you do you can try on? everyone likes different slings. Manduca, boba 3g, connecta, ergo are just a few examples of full buckle carriers so nice and easy for you to use and will last you ages and be comfy. or you could consider the close carrier which is kind of like a pre done moby so you slip it on, stick baby in and adjust to fit.

But really of you can get to a library you can try them all out before parting with cash.

Lots of people who come from using a bjorn like the manduca though.

TheScience Tue 01-Apr-14 20:41:42

Close caboo, definitely.

redcaryellowcar Wed 02-Apr-14 14:33:51

i have moby and close caboo, find the caboo much easier to get on and off but moby very good, just not very practical to tie in whilst in muddy field trying to contain a toddler too. fabric got very muddy as very long

CruCru Thu 08-May-14 21:24:59

A friend uses the Ergo the way that you describe. I also have one and find it super comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now