This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Toddler carrier for a Manduca lover

(6 Posts)
Spindelina Tue 25-Mar-14 10:16:38

I love my Manduca. I like the padded straps and the big waist band. DD doesn't mind riding quite low and looking out sideways. What toddler SSC should I get?

- ABC Tried on at sling meet. Straps dug in horribly in my armpits. Don't know why - I like my straps padded - maybe a fit issue?
- Connecta Also tried on at sling meet. Arms comfortable, but missed the big waistband. They didn't have the lumbar support, but I would certainly buy it and use it all the time. Would that make it fiddly?
- Tula Haven't tried it on, but on paper looks great.
- Anything else?

pootlebug Tue 25-Mar-14 13:31:20

How old is your little one?

I think you'll like the Tula. It is v big though - my just turned 2 year old is still too small for it to fit properly. Also look at the KiBi which is pretty new to the UK market but very adjustable - it was pretty comfy with my 6 year old!

Spindelina Tue 25-Mar-14 19:05:27

Thanks pootlebug. She's 20 months - fits in the Manduca for now but I like an excuse for a purchase!

I bought the Manduca blind, and I can see myself going the same way with the Tula. I shall check out the KiBi though - haven't heard of it before.

I have Tulas, I've really enjoyed them (baby first then progressed to a toddler when DS grew). I am a padded strap and thick waist band fan too, I also like the fact that there is such a huge range on the straps, they go in nice and tight on me (even when I was a size 10) but DH could still use them over his coat. The quality is lovely too.

The other one I'd like to try is a kinderpack, not sure how padded etc they are but they are meant to be really comfortable. I think they are a bit harder to get hold of though.

JuniperTisane Thu 27-Mar-14 09:35:11

I have a Manduca and I'm renting a Tula at the moment. I find the Tula more comfortable and DH who is beanpole-skinny prefers the Manduca, says it fits better for him. I am medium sized and curvy and I find the Tula fits to my torso better as the Tula has curved shoulder straps which contour to me.

I am interested in the KiBi now. Haven't come across that one before.

ThoughSheBeButLittle Thu 27-Mar-14 09:40:55

I liked the Tula but when dd got too big for the standard she was still too small for the toddler size (about 19 months).

Through a Facebook group I found out about Madame GooGoo carriers and had one made in the size I needed. It cost £110 inc post iirc, I was able to specify firmness of waistband/length of straps etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now