This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best option for 25lbs+?

(9 Posts)
januaryJump Sat 12-Apr-14 00:00:57

Oh, Connecta! Not an R after all...

januaryJump Sat 12-Apr-14 00:00:07

We started using the Ergo at 6mo and still use it now at 16mo, DS is now 26lb. Both DH and I have found it to be very comfortable for forward carry even with a growing toddler and have been using the back carry recently too (as DS wants to see forward more easily) and it's been very good.

I think a style like the Ergo would work very well, even if you didn't get the Ergo itself, as I know a lot of people who like Ergo/Ergo-style also recommend Manduca, Beco, Boba and I remember one beginning with R but don't remember the whole name (sorry!).

cloggal Wed 19-Mar-14 15:17:48

Thanks so much for this, I've been looking into a sling library today. I will be able to go along even if DH can't, and it would be great after all if the carrier could work for us both. I realise I got two of the slings confused, the boba and beco were the others we had looked at.

I haven't heard of Manduca, poodle, will look that one out!

pootlebug Wed 19-Mar-14 14:59:42

The toddler tula will be way too big. It is much more about height than weight, and although officially it is 18 months + it is still too big to fit my about-to-turn-2-year-old properly (she is average size).

The Manduca, Boba 3G/4G and Beco Soleil or standard Tula should all work well. Are you near a sling library to try some?

LondonLancashireRose Wed 19-Mar-14 00:27:12

My DS is 11 months and about 25lbs and we are currently trying a beco soleil that we hired from our local sling library.
Both DH and I have found it very comfortable and I think we will buy one. I particularly like that you can wear the straps crossed over across your back. I think the weight limit is 45lbs.
I asked for the tula toddler carrier at the sling library and it was ginormous!

cloggal Wed 19-Mar-14 00:11:49

Thanks onky1scoop - will check that one out!

cloggal Tue 18-Mar-14 23:10:55

Meant to add that in was looking at the Tula Toddler and Beco 3G, but am very open to any suggestion, thanks

Only1scoop Tue 18-Mar-14 23:05:43

We used Phil and Teds metro dd loved it.

cloggal Tue 18-Mar-14 23:03:32

Asking on behalf of DH, who loved having DS in a structured carrier for walks. I used a wrap sling but he is very wriggly in it and between my very large chest and this, we stopped using it a couple of months ago.

He's almost outgrown his carrier and I'm looking for something that DH can take DS in when we go for a walk (DS not walking yet, he's only nine months, but a big boy). Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now