This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ABC toddler carrier - comfy & quick

(6 Posts)
Equimum Fri 28-Feb-14 09:37:52

Hi, until now I have always wrapped my 13mo, but really want something I can throw on quickly when jumping out of the car etc, and which is comfortable. Ideally, I'd also like to be able use it for longer periods of wearing too.

I've been looking at the ABC toddler carrier and wondering if anyone has an idea of how easy and comfy these are? I borrowed a friends BabyBjorn (which I know are bad) for a couple f hours when DS was to y and found it really pulle o my shoulders. Is this likely to happen with an ABC too?

TIA

TheScience Fri 28-Feb-14 09:42:28

I haven't used and ABC carrier specifically but I think they are a well thought of brand. A good SSC/buckled carrier puts the weight on your waist rather than your shoulders - just make sure the carrier is knee-to-knee for your child (dangly legs are uncomfy for both of you ime) and the shoulder straps are pulled tight so the child is close to your back.

I have a R&R toddler carrier and was able to carry DS for long periods (eg. he could nap for 2 hours on my back) until he was 3 and weighed about 14kg - I stopped because I was pregnant.

Equimum Fri 28-Feb-14 18:44:35

Thanks Science. I might have a look at R&R as well.

crashbangboom Fri 28-Feb-14 18:46:56

Also check out toddler tula. Very comfy

FrumiousBandersnatch Sat 01-Mar-14 13:20:14

Also worth looking at toddler connecta.

cupoftchai Tue 04-Mar-14 13:21:56

have the ABC baby size (which does up to 15kg or so, so we are still using it into the toddler stage as we don't carry a great deal). It's brill. was recommended it by a sling group.
nicely padded waist and shoulder straps, simple, no excess material or padding just what is needed. I am sure based on that that the toddler size would be well designed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now