Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

what sling???

(3 Posts)
sprite25 Sun 09-Feb-14 10:15:07

I'm thinking of getting a sling for DD who's 8 weeks, she'll sleep in her Moses basket at night but no matter what I do she won't let me put her down if she falls asleep during the day. She's also getting a little clingy so need something I can carry her in while also being able to get on with things (eating,housework etc.) I have NO idea about slings and no idea how use them so would rather get an easy one, any recommendations? I have this picture in my head of something with lots of big thick horrible straps and clips and buckles all over the place, definitely NOT what I want!

Rockchick1984 Mon 10-Feb-14 07:02:03

The best advice I can offer is to see if you have a local sling meet or sling library - a quick google should tell you this - as you will be able to try different types on to see what you prefer.

If not the basic options for your DD would be a stretchy wrap such as this where you can pre-tie it and pop DD in and out when you need to, or something like this which doesn't involve learning to tie it so much, but is more expensive and no better once you have got used to it.

If you don't fancy something like that style, you could go for a mei tai like this which just has straps for the waist and shoulders that you simply knot, or even a soft structured carrier like this which is similar but with buckles.

There's not particularly one style that is better, it's all about personal preference. Does that help at all?

JanePlanet Mon 10-Feb-14 07:20:49

This sling is good. I went to the sling library and tried the Marsupi sling and a woven one. I didnt have the patience for the woven ones. The marsupi is really easy to put on. I can wear it for hours and if doesn't make my back ache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now