Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Please help, can't find a sling that works for me!

(7 Posts)
PaulineFossil Sun 02-Feb-14 14:41:31

DS is 6 months old and I've always carried him in a stretchy wrap which I love but I need something to offer a bit more support now he's bigger.

I'd like something quick and easy to put on without long swathes of fabric or straps to trail on wet ground etc. I also need that straps to cross over on my back.

I've tried a Moby Go and love the design but it's just too big for me (have tried my 3 year old in it too and still can't get the straps tight enough for me so it's not just that DS is on the small side). I've also borrowed a Manduca which I quite like but find the straps a bit bulky round my shoulders making putting coats on over the top tricky. However, I really like the good solid waist strap.

So, what I really want, I think, is something like the Manduca but with the wide, flat shoulder straps of the Moby Go. Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Runlikeareindeer Mon 03-Feb-14 21:12:57

Connecta? I have found it very comfy. You can cross the straps which I found much comfier.

Itsaslingthing.co.uk is a sling library that does postal hires, I've used it and was great to try things out.

FrumiousBandersnatch Mon 03-Feb-14 21:28:21

Yes, Connecta also came to my mind when reading your OP.

pootlebug Thu 06-Feb-14 09:36:52

Connecta is a possibility. You'd need to add the lumbar support belt for the waist to feel a bit more like the Manduca waist.

The Sleepy Nico is also a possibility - it is a little more padded than the Connecta but nowhere near as padded as the Manduca.

juneau Thu 06-Feb-14 09:39:50

Ergo - fits a child up to about 3 years old, puts the child's weight on your hips, supports the child's back. I have back and neck problems and I used an Ergo with my two until they were about 18 months - it was fab. It's not a sling, but then I found slings to be impractical once mine were over about 4 months - they were just too heavy and the sling wasn't supportive enough.

lilyaldrin Thu 06-Feb-14 09:40:09

I like Rose & Rebellion carriers.

GreenGoblin0 Wed 26-Feb-14 22:26:26

Boba 3G works for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now