Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

The perfect SSC...

(4 Posts)
Aboxofmaltesers Thu 23-Jan-14 10:24:07

I'm searching for my perfect carrier. I love the padded straps of the R & R but I'm not keen on the thick padded waist band. I love the unstructured waist of the connecta but find the straps uncomfortable. Is there a mix of the two available???
TIA

callamia Thu 23-Jan-14 11:22:00

Is there a sling library nearby that you could go for a try out?
I've just bought an ellaroo mei tai that I love, love, love (I mainly use an ergo), but I don't know if this is structured enough for you.

A wompat?. Not quite the same as a connect on the waist, but the waist band is very floppy...it doesn't have the foam filled very structured waist band that the R&R has. I tried a womapat on and it was super comfy.

There are loads of Mei tais that will have the same waist band as the connecta but you need to tie it rather than buckle...personally I haven't been able to get the hang of doing up a mei tai without the straps getting on the floor so it's not so good for me in the winter time.

Hebburnisaplaceonearth Mon 27-Jan-14 18:20:40

What is it about the straps on the connecta that you find uncomfortable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now