This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Buckles - too good to be true?

(5 Posts)
waitingforwombat Thu 09-Jan-14 17:47:32

I've been looking at buckles for a bit now and a friend of a friend recommended this to me item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=231109182399&cmd=VIDESC . Is this too good to be true at 1/5th cost of ergo/manduca etc. Anyone any experience of it? Thanks muchly for your advice!

It definitely is to good to be true, spelling errors in the description and inaccurate instructions (you don't need to take a buckle carried off of one shoulder to breast feed!).

Whats your budget? Another good sling to look at is Connecta, they come in bit a bit lower in price but are good. Or there is a second hand selling site on facebook.

hazchem Mon 13-Jan-14 10:29:32

They are an unbranded ergo rip off. Several years ago there was an expose on bbc (I think) and within about an hour all of the unofficial egros had been changed to non branded.

See if there is a sling library near you. Test out loads and then buy something that is right for you. Your local sling library should also be able to point you in the direction of good places to try for second hand slings.

FrumiousBandersnatch Wed 15-Jan-14 20:53:18

Wow, that is some clunky Photoshopping!

dylsmimi Fri 17-Jan-14 20:15:55

If you are looking for good value (although not £12!) i love the action baby carrier (abc) it is like a connexta but more padded waist and straps. You can use for front and back carries and lots of nice prints. Mine arrived super quick too.
but best value is a sling library to try before you buy so you know you will like something before buying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now