Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Are all woven wraps created equal?...(apart from pattern/colours)

(4 Posts)

I think also some 'wear in' quicker than others, once a sling is worn in (soft and floppy) its easier to wrap with. I like the hippy rainbow stripes of the girasol ones but prefer the feel of the didymos ones. I fancy a didymos 'indio' for next year when (all being well) I'll have a newborn, they seem to 'wear in' really quickly and be lovely and soft for a newborn.

Some prices are really high if they are a limited edition or something, some of them are like collectors items.

Laquila Mon 16-Dec-13 22:43:02

Thanks Rockchick! I have a supersoft bamboo blanket and would love a wrap made from the same kind of mix. I'll have a look at the Lenny Lamb ones.

Rockchick1984 Mon 16-Dec-13 13:37:18

The more expensive ones are generally more expensive due to the brand, limited quantities made, they may be woven with more expensive blends eg silk, wool.

Something like a Lenny Lamb bamboo blend is perfect if you're just starting to use a woven - soft straight from the box so no need to break it in, will only set you back around £50 and resale value is good so you will get back most of what you paid when you have finished with it. A lot of others are 100% cotton so will need softening up / breaking in if you buy them new. Hope that helps a bit!

Laquila Sun 15-Dec-13 10:39:54

I've used a Kari Me so far but my 3.5 mth old (14lb-ish) has started to slowly slip down when we wear it. I'm now looking into an SSC such as the Beco Gemini, Ergo or Manduca or possibly a woven wrap instead.

Having spent a few fascinating hours trawling various Facebook slingboards, I'm a bit confused as to the pricing of woven wraps - are the expensive ones basically just priced like that because of the beautiful colours, patterns and designs, or the fact that they're limited editions/rare or similar, or are some woven wraps just better than others? I've seen some for as little as £35 and some for as much as £150! I had assumed that they were all basically just lengths of woven material (admittedly differing lengths) but am I missing something?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now