Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Clothing / layers when baby in sling

(7 Posts)

I also had one of these which was brilliant, if DS was sleeping and I needed to go out (on the school run usually) I just put it on (and some leg warmers and socks) and I didn't need to disturb him. Same with coming back indoors again.

Rollermum Fri 13-Dec-13 22:05:56

Thanks everyone - that is really helpful!

MinesAPintOfTea Fri 13-Dec-13 08:38:07

Indoors vest and tights. When going outdoors I added a fluffy snowsuit, hat and mittens. Then I put the sling on before my coat but didn't fasten the coat. If ds went to sleep and I wanted to come indoors I'd lower him into his basket, remove hat and unzip snowsuit.

Sunnysummer Fri 13-Dec-13 08:35:41

Marking place, we'll be taking our sling-loving 9 mo DS back home to the UK for Christmas from our current home in Asia, and I have absolutely no idea what clothes he'll need!

CMOTDibbler Fri 13-Dec-13 08:34:43

Indoors, ds would have been in a sleepsuit or vest.

Outside - leggings and t shirt, fleece or thick cardi, hat, legwarmers. I preferred my own coat. When going in, I took his hat off and if in for a while, I'd want to take my coat off so took sling and him off

Rockchick1984 Fri 13-Dec-13 08:30:34

Indoors - sleepsuit or vest depending how warm the house is.

Outdoors - sleepsuit, hat, gloves, baby leg warmers if necessary (only used when bitingly cold and snowy), muslin tucked like a scarf if windy. My maternity coat fastened around us both. My body heat was main thing to keep him warm.

Coat - as above, my maternity coat was perfect for front carrying!

Rollermum Wed 11-Dec-13 12:55:58

My DD is 11 weeks and seems happy in the ergo. I'm not sure what we so both be wearing to keep her at a good temperature. She overhears really quickly so I don't want to overdo it.

So what do you put baby in for sling around the house?
And outdoors (in Winter in UK)
Any way to transition between indoors and outdoors without redressing baby?

Final question (sorry!) what do you wear as a coat fit yourself when baby in sling? And do you have a massive one to go around both of you?

Much confusion...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now