Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Very lightweight sling advice?

(10 Posts)
peanutMD Tue 24-Dec-13 08:30:01

I was in your situation when my DD was 10 weeks, she hated being confined by our stretchy wrap so we got the Connecta which is just a cloth panel with buckles for shoulder straps and waist strap.

Now at 9.5 months we still love it and use it regularly in forward and back Carries.

leonardofquirm Mon 16-Dec-13 21:40:51

Me too, I didn't have a good sling for DS1 so kind of gave up on carrying him. sad

Featherbag Mon 16-Dec-13 20:02:12

You'll love the VSL stretchy, it's definitely the best thing I bought for DS2 (3wo)! I only wish I'd known about them when I had DS1!

If you want a lighter than air one in a few months then the boba air is excellent!

leonardofquirm Mon 16-Dec-13 19:50:38

Hope you get on with it. smile

Smerlin Mon 16-Dec-13 13:02:46

Thanks- have ordered a stretchy wrap from Victoria sling lady do will see how I get on!

LlamaLover Mon 16-Dec-13 11:21:49

I'd recommend a Hana Baby stretch wrap. It is made from bamboo so very light but still supportive and will last little one until they are around 9 months old.

The Gemini is a great carrier too - keep trying with it as little one gets older. Usually around 3 months it fits well on the smaller width setting.

leonardofquirm Wed 11-Dec-13 20:09:04

Sorry only the shoulder straps have padding on the connecta, the baby bit is just material.

leonardofquirm Wed 11-Dec-13 20:08:01

I used a stretchy wrap sling a lot at that age, I didn't get my structured carrier (a Manduca) till he was about 4 months.

Stretchy wraps are lovely and soft and you can pre tie it ready to pop baby in. I got mine from Victoria slinglady, her website also has good videos.

If you are after more buckles, I think people like the connecta baby carrier, it is just a cloth panel and not padded at all.

Congratulations on your wee squishy baby. grin

Smerlin Tue 10-Dec-13 12:19:20

Before our baby was born, we bought a Beco Gemini structured carrier but our baby doesn't seem keen. I think it's because it's quite bulky and firm and as a tiny newborn (5wks) she feels a bit swamped and confined in it.

I can't get to our local sling library until after Christmas but can anyone recommend a 'barely there' sling so she thinks it's just me carrying her?!

She hates being hot and hates having her head covered although she obviously needs head support still...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now