This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Connecta Integra- Baby or Toddler

(7 Posts)
JackHarry82 Thu 31-Oct-13 11:34:37

Hi, I am completely new to this but after some much needed advice. I am after a Connecta for my baby and me. He is nearly 7 months but HUGE, he weighs 22lbs and is too long for 6-9 month clothes.
Can i get away with buying a toddler version or are they way too big?
I really don't want to waste my money getting a baby one that he'll grow out of very quickly.
Thanks in advance.

nextphase Thu 31-Oct-13 20:05:38

We hired a conecta toddler from our local sling library for our holiday earlier this year. I carried DS2 (22 mths) and DS1 (very small 4 yr old) in it. Not sure what size your LO is, but I'd say not much lighter than DS2 at that time (he's 26lb now, so not much heavier than your LO).Not sure if they are best worked on size or weight?

I'd contact your local sling library and see if they have one you can borrow for a few weeks, or maybe even Conecta themselves?

FWIW, think the baby one goes to 16kg. Would you really want to be carrying over that weight? DS1 was more like 14kg, and carrying him (in the heat) was tough. I wouldn't have wanted to carry any more weight, whatever age they were!

PinkStarStuck Thu 31-Oct-13 20:35:22

I think they come up larger (I saw a 2 year old in a standard one the other day and they looked fine). If you go for a standard you can always re-sell it anyway as they are a good brand (or keep it in case you have another DC...), there is a slings and things for sale and advice facebook group.

I moved up to toddler sizes when DS was about 16 months old, he is fairly hefty...

JackHarry82 Thu 31-Oct-13 21:15:31

Thanks for your help. The one I wanted from the Connecta website sold out this morning - typical! Will have to keep my eyes open for it to come back into stock!

Unfortunately I can't make the local sling library, but I had thought about selling it on if not right for us anyway. Thanks again! smile

nextphase Fri 01-Nov-13 09:28:15

The sling library posted the conecta out to me.
Worth asking?

allbottledup Fri 01-Nov-13 12:19:27

South London sling library does postal hires and definitely has a standard Connecta - don't know about toddler size.

AHardDaysWrite Sat 09-Nov-13 22:22:31

Like connecta on FB - they put updates on there about what's in stock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now