Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Manduca

(8 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Thu 17-Oct-13 09:40:28

Hi all

Any views on the Manduca baby carrier?

I have a caboo closer carrier (soft ring sling) which has worked very well for DD, but she is now (14mths) getting a little heavy for it.

I'm expecting DC2 when DD will be 20 months, and would quite like a carrier that could carry either DD or DC2 so I can swap them in and out of the buggy as appropriate.

My friend has the Manduca and loves it, has shown it to me and seems very easy to use on front or back (back only for bigger children).

It's quite pricey though. Do you think it's worth investing in for use alongside my caboo closer carrier?

TIA

YokoUhOh Thu 17-Oct-13 09:47:52

Just bought one - love it!! I have a heavy 11mo DS. However, the shoulder straps feel a little bit wide, as if they might slide off - I wonder if I need to do some more adjusting? Otherwise, I would heartily recommend the Manduca, and I ummed and ahhed for weeks due to its price tag.

gruber Thu 17-Oct-13 09:52:53

We had a Caboo close too for DS - but he outgrew at 5 months due to being a chunky monkey! We then bought a woven wrap (Calin Bleu) and a Manduca. Love them both. I prefer the Manduca as it's quick, DH prefers the wrap as it feels nicer to him. We both wear them both depending on DS/weather/time of day etc. thoroughly recommend the Manduca. Didn't get to use it ourselves with a newborn but have seen friends at sling library and it looks super supportive and easy. We too dithered over the price but as we use it daily it has been a great investment. Washes well on a 30 wash too- useful for getting baby sick out...

Wildwaterfalls Thu 17-Oct-13 10:07:18

Thank you both. That sounds really positive. I quite like the thought of having two slings to choose from depending on what works best on any given day.

Wonder if I can justify the cost by not getting a double buggy and managing with sling/single buggy instead, but that may be ambitious.

TeamSouthfields Thu 17-Oct-13 20:38:15

I would get a double buggy for sure wink wink

gruber Thu 17-Oct-13 22:47:30

Just have to add, I have a 2.5 yr old for a day most weeks. I don't have a double buggy smile We get on fine with a single and a sling, and walk 2 mile round trip to toddler group. It really isn't the end of the world if you don't have a double!

Wildwaterfalls Fri 18-Oct-13 16:34:25

Thanks all again for the tips. Will ha d to think about getting Manduca or buggy or both!

Thanks very much smile

pootlebug Sat 19-Oct-13 23:13:28

I have a 16 month gap between my elder two and was fine with sling + single buggy. And the Manduca is a great carrier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now