This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

A soft sling to get me through?

(3 Posts)
juniper9 Thu 10-Oct-13 18:07:22

I bought a Baby Bjorn Active carrier, but I can't use it until my DD is 8lb8oz. She was 6lb12oz at birth, and looking on the growth chart, she should be the correct weight by about 3 months.

In the meantime, I'd like to buy a sling so that I can carry her around the house and still use my hands.

Can you recommend any slings for newborns? I'm going to try and get one second hand (ebay or such) as it's only going to be a short term investment...

Thanks

popsalottle Thu 10-Oct-13 19:47:51

I'd go with a stretchy wrap like kari me/hana baby/moby/boba etc. They cost up to about £30 second hand and will sell well again when your finished. It should last to around 6 months before she outgrows it (probably about the same time the bjorn will no longer give any leg support) then you could move on to something like a connecta or manduca if you like the buckle style carriers. Those would even work for you now if you could spend a bit more and would last through to about 2 years. If you have a sling meet or sling library near by you could try some different styles before buying something and get some advice on how to use them if you need it. Sorry for info overload but here's some great websites:
www.naturalmamas.co.uk
www.facebook.com/groups/babywearing.fsot
www.slingguide.co.uk
ruckingmarvellous.com
ukslinglibraries.wordpress.com
www.babywearing.co.uk

juniper9 Thu 10-Oct-13 20:47:24

Great, thanks for that and for the links smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now