This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My baby's gone off being carried. Oh dear.

(6 Posts)
Thelovecats Fri 18-Oct-13 09:36:04

Can you do a hip carry with a manduca? Might be worth a try.

popsalottle Thu 10-Oct-13 19:55:59

There does seem to be some connection between reaching a new milestone and sling protests. I'm sure it will pass smile I second trying a back carry, put the waistband right up under your boobs so he's nice and high.

AidanTheRevengeNinja Sat 05-Oct-13 09:21:36

Thanks very much both, that's really helpful. Gotadifferentnamenow - I think crawling is some way off but he's definitely getting more mobile and wanting to be "free" to wiggle around, so you are probably right there. Leaptheditch that's reassuring, I was hoping to hear something like that - I will try again every couple of weeks! I do love the Manduca, and am a bit reluctant to fork out for another carrier. (Though a sling library has started near me recently so I might see if I can borrow a woven wrap from there to test out).

Thanks again smile

Leaptheditch Fri 04-Oct-13 08:31:34

Mine all had a wiggly bit and came back to loving slings. Maybe yours will too?

gotadifferentnamenow Fri 04-Oct-13 08:27:00

Might be worth trying a high back carry (ie one where he can see over your shoulder) but I don't think you'd manage that with your Manduca, you'd need a woven wrap.

Is he working out how to crawl at the minute? I'm wondering if it's that he wants to spend his whole time doing that and once he's got it, he'll relax into the carrie again?

AidanTheRevengeNinja Thu 03-Oct-13 18:06:00

I have a Manduca which I've used almost from birth with my now 7 month old DS. He used to love it but in the last few weeks has protested fiercely when I put him in, and the entire time I use it. I've tried adjusting the straps and the backrest but nothing helps. I have always front carried so far btw. I tried my old stretchy wrap too and same problem. He seems to just want to wriggle free!

Any ideas? Will he get over it? Might a back carry help? Or a different sling?

Thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now