Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Is there a sling like this?

(13 Posts)
YBR Thu 26-Sep-13 21:10:50

Thanks for all your comments. I feel better armed now and will try to get to a sling library at some point.

GoofyIsACow Thu 26-Sep-13 11:13:52

Sorry Vinegar, I understand now. No I have never used one with an internal harness and I agree, once you have got over the initial nerves of swinging your baby onto your back i think the internal harness would get on my nerves.

DS's love it when i swing them right over my head onto my back now! grin

NomDeClavier Wed 25-Sep-13 19:33:22

I was going to say the Beco Butterfly too - the internal harness can be quite reassuring for starting out with a back carry but that's strapping baby into the carrier and the putting the butterfly on.

Teladi Wed 25-Sep-13 19:27:42

The Beco Butterfly has an internal harness if that is what you're after.

VinegarDrinker Wed 25-Sep-13 19:22:20

My point was that you don't need an inner harness in order to put the sling on first then add the baby. You can do it with any sling (and I've never seen anyone do it any other way tbf).

GoofyIsACow Wed 25-Sep-13 16:58:10

Connecta doesnt have an inner harness

VinegarDrinker Wed 25-Sep-13 15:40:15

I have always put my slings on and then added the baby/toddler. I put them on totally for a front carry - with slightly looser straps - and just slide baby in then tighten the straps. This is for Connecta/Manduca/Beco but I can't see why you couldn't do it with any sling?

For a back carry I put the waist strap on and tie straps then get the kid up on my back and pull the straps up.

PennieLane Wed 25-Sep-13 15:37:47

The Stokke is actual quite soft with a structured harness. Apologies if not what you're after.

snickersnacker Wed 25-Sep-13 15:34:18

Sounds like a connecta - that link from goofy is very good and if you are in reach of the south London sling library then it's an excellent source of advice.

GoofyIsACow Wed 25-Sep-13 13:31:03

Info and pics here

GoofyIsACow Wed 25-Sep-13 13:30:12

Action Baby Carrier is the other

GoofyIsACow Wed 25-Sep-13 13:26:16

Yes... Try angelpack (i think) hang on...

YBR Wed 25-Sep-13 13:22:07

I think I've seen this somewhere, but can't see it via google ...
A soft carrier like the ergo or manduka, but where the fabric holding baby clips to the harness. I like the idea of being able to get the harness on first then add baby, rather than having to get the harness on with baby in it.

Is that a description anyone can put a name to?

I'm rather slight so I'd be needing to cross straps over or they'd fall off my shoulders, and I worry that this would be really awkward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now