Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Moving on from a Kari Me

(9 Posts)

I have used my Kari Me since my then 3lb 5oz son came home from hospital (born at 26w) and he is now coming up 3... He and I have loved it, but since he now dangles somewhere round my knees in it, it is time to move on...

But to what? I love the stretchy wrap style I never got on with the Baby Bjorn style at all. He's not really a 'pick up put down' type more like a never put me down type. I'd like it to be quite small, not too structured.

So help me, wise MNters, what should I be looking for in a toddler carrier which fits those criteria? No sling meets anywhere near me, I will basically have to order online and hope for the best.

Thanks!

rcs19 Mon 23-Sep-13 15:32:52

I moved on from a moby to a baby hawk mei tai. It's small when I'm not using it, and very comfortable to wear. You can use it for front and back carries and they make a longer one for use with toddlers.

Indith Mon 23-Sep-13 15:34:11

A woven wrap? A decent woven would suit your needs well I think, you are used to wrapping and with a woven can carry him on your back or front for ever more! If you wanted buckles then the least structured full buckle carrier is the connecta and they do a toddler size. Take a look on facebook at the group slings and things FSOT which has a fast moving sales board.

Thanks. I have also heard good things about the Neobulle - does that count as a woven wrap? Buckles don't thrill me, as a concept smile.

misdee Wed 25-Sep-13 09:55:36

Neoballes are very nice wraps. Is there a sling meet or library near you?

Indith Wed 25-Sep-13 15:59:31

some libraries do postal hire. the north east sling library is one. or if you buy preloved you can sell for what you paid if you don't like it.

Splinters Thu 26-Sep-13 21:32:37

There is a closed FB group called Slings and Things, where a roaring trade in 2nd hand wraps and carriers goes on! People on there will also be really helpful if you ask for advice.

2nd hand wraps are great as they've generally been nicely broken in so wrap beautifully. fwiw dd and I absolutely love our Girasol, but you could have a look at http://www.lovetobenatural.co.uk/ for more ideas, different brands, action shots.

cheekbyjowl Wed 06-Nov-13 18:50:27

until he was 3 really? oh my gosh im a whimp. my ds is just approaching 4 months and I thought he felt too heavy for the kari me so came on this thread to look for other suggestions. but this concludes im just weak wink which hold did you use as he got heavier?

Rockchick1984 Fri 08-Nov-13 16:32:07

Cheek a kari me is generally only used until 4-6 months before moving onto something a bit more structured, it's not you being weak!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now