This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommendations on winter cover-ups?

(7 Posts)
hazchem Tue 17-Sep-13 11:25:25

I wore a wool cape.
Could use for front or back carries, kept us both warm although I did look enormous

pootlebug Fri 13-Sep-13 11:41:55

On the front I just zip my coat up around them. Doesn't go around the wrap but does cover their legs.

Because I do school runs every day (and last winter 3x per day) I invested in a Cali Calo Babywearing Fleece. Not the most stylish item ever but kept us both warm with a back carry. It's much better to carry a smaller baby inside a coat as they can share your body heat. I chose the Cali Calo as it is easy to get on and off, even with a sleeping baby. Many others aren't. http://www.maverickbaby.com/product/cali-calo-stella-babywearing-jacket-black-ink

gotadifferentnamenow Wed 11-Sep-13 06:20:44

Oversized fleece for front carries.
I put him in his all-in-one over the top of my coat for back carries.
You can buy special babywearing coats, but I thought them v expensive and a bit naff

stargirl1701 Tue 10-Sep-13 21:21:38

I use baby leg warmers that are made by the cloth nappy companies. I have 3 pairs of Bum Genius leg warmers.

link

Sorry I'm on my phone!

http://www.tomy.co.uk/ENG/PRODUCT/T71163

I got this in home bargains for £2.99 I think? It will help if you get caught out in a shower, but probably not good enough for extended periods in our lovely British winters. It does seem quite wind proof aswell.

I sort of wrap the legs up in a blanket and tuck the ends into the side straps. Seems to work, but baby is still small and not too wriggly. (12 weeks)

I'm sure someone more sensible will be along soon with better suggestions!

Turry Mon 09-Sep-13 12:36:03

Hoping to find something that covers me, baby and wrap in one iyswim? Cold baby legs are my biggest concern... TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now