Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Ring sling for hip carry

(13 Posts)
ScottishInSwitzerland Sat 07-Sep-13 10:52:35

Thanks sweet I will investigate

SweetTeaVodka Sat 07-Sep-13 01:54:59

Forgot to say, have a look at PAXbabyMom on YouTube for an excellent video on using ring slings with toddlers! Can't link as I'm on my phone I'm afraid.

SweetTeaVodka Sat 07-Sep-13 01:52:37

For Facebook sling trading, try searching these groups: Slings and Things FSOT; Babywearing FSOT; Affordable Baby Slings.

I'm not sure you could convert your stretchy to a ring sling as I was told by a sling consultant that you need the 3 passes of fabric over baby to provide enough support and be safe. Even with 3 once my DD was interested in goings on around her she would twist and lean out. I've never heard of a stretchy ring sling, certainly.

ScottishInSwitzerland Fri 06-Sep-13 19:23:23

Thanks. I Did look on Facebook but the only sling but and sell group I could find was a specific Sheffield one.

gotadifferentnamenow Fri 06-Sep-13 16:38:36

Wovens and ring slings tend to pretty much hold their value. I've bought second hand and sold on for same price via facebook, so losing only postage and paypal fees. I wouldn't like to speak with authority on that partic sling, though.
I'm surprised you can't get a bit more than a tenner for your kari-me. I would have guesstimated twenty quid or so for it. Facebook is better for sling trading than ebay imo.

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:51:59

Sorry another question. Can I get my Kari me converted? It's a stretchy wrap.

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:36:48

It's not £65 it's 65 euros (I'm abroad). So I think that's about £55.

After my Kari me fiasco I am worried about sinking more money I won't get back into a sling.

How long will I likely use the ring sling for? Bearing in mind my youngest child is 18 months and I don't intend having any more

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:35:03

Yay!!! It worked

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:34:48

Hmm. This is getting tiresome. Maybe I should preview my messages. Somebody will come on and think ooh that's a popular thread it's got 500 messages on it and they will all be me trying to link

link

PinkPepper Thu 05-Sep-13 21:34:05

£65 probably is about reasonable but you could get a wrap conversion ringsling for less. Are you on Facebook there's some good groups for selling and buying

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:31:36

Try again!

[[ http://www.ellevill.com/en/products/zara-aubergin here?]]

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:31:16

This should be the link
[[ http://www.ellevill.com/en/products/zara-aubergin here]]

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:30:29

I have a connecta integra and a stretchy Kari me.

I still use the connecta fairly often with both my 18 month old and 3.5 year old (!!). But the Kari me only infrequently and then only for hip carry.

I was speaking to a friend/acquaintance about this and she said I'd be better with a woven ring sling for hip carry. She's offered to sell me one of hers (she has a vast collection I think it's a bit of a hobby smile.

The only thing is price. I bought my Kari me new for £45 but from looking at eBay I might be lucky to get £10 for it now.

She is selling a size four Zara woven ring sling. She sent me a link which I will try to copy over. She paid 90 euro and wants 65 for it.

So i would appreciate opinions on whether I need this sling and whether the price seems reasonable??

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now