This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ring sling

(5 Posts)
pootlebug Mon 02-Sep-13 22:08:10

Are you near a sling library? You could maybe hire one to see whether you like it, and someone should show you how to use it too (there's a bit of a knack to ring slings)

SweetTeaVodka Mon 02-Sep-13 07:27:59

I love my ring sling for quick ups and downs. I would be wearing of some if the cheap eBay ones though, like Palm and Pond types as they have padded rails which are more awkward to adjust and I think a woven wrap fabric is more supportive. If you can get to a sling library then it would be worth trying a few as there are different shoulder types available.

Tribalbabies.co.uk sell woven ring slings from about £45 and lovetobenatural.co.uk sell from about £50. As with most slings, ring slings hold their value well so you can sell on if you don't like it. Also, check out the FSOT groups on Facebook, you might find a good deal from someone second hand or converted from a longer wrap smile

I found ring slings a pain once mine got heavier. I got a manduca which is structured but softer like an ergo. I still use it now dd is 21 months and even carried my 3 year old in it the other day!

greenbananas Sun 01-Sep-13 22:55:35

Mine is a storchenweige and the fabric is amazingly strong. After 2 dcs and 5 years of constant use, it is still as good as new.

Ring slings are great, so easy to use, but I do think you get what you pay for... I had a cheaper one and the fabric kept slipping through the rings so that I was constantly tightening it.

Maybe look for a good quality second hand one on eBay?

curlyclaz13 Sun 01-Sep-13 20:43:52

I currently have a stretchy wrap and a mei tai (sp?) and I think I want a ring sling for ease when just nipping out. Ds is nearly 12 weeks and I think rs is ok for this age ? where is good to buy from ? I don't want to spend a fortune in case I don't get on with it and smp doesn't allow much anyway !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now