Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Ring sling

(5 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Sun 01-Sep-13 20:43:52

I currently have a stretchy wrap and a mei tai (sp?) and I think I want a ring sling for ease when just nipping out. Ds is nearly 12 weeks and I think rs is ok for this age ? where is good to buy from ? I don't want to spend a fortune in case I don't get on with it and smp doesn't allow much anyway !

greenbananas Sun 01-Sep-13 22:55:35

Mine is a storchenweige and the fabric is amazingly strong. After 2 dcs and 5 years of constant use, it is still as good as new.

Ring slings are great, so easy to use, but I do think you get what you pay for... I had a cheaper one and the fabric kept slipping through the rings so that I was constantly tightening it.

Maybe look for a good quality second hand one on eBay?

I found ring slings a pain once mine got heavier. I got a manduca which is structured but softer like an ergo. I still use it now dd is 21 months and even carried my 3 year old in it the other day!

SweetTeaVodka Mon 02-Sep-13 07:27:59

I love my ring sling for quick ups and downs. I would be wearing of some if the cheap eBay ones though, like Palm and Pond types as they have padded rails which are more awkward to adjust and I think a woven wrap fabric is more supportive. If you can get to a sling library then it would be worth trying a few as there are different shoulder types available.

Tribalbabies.co.uk sell woven ring slings from about £45 and lovetobenatural.co.uk sell from about £50. As with most slings, ring slings hold their value well so you can sell on if you don't like it. Also, check out the FSOT groups on Facebook, you might find a good deal from someone second hand or converted from a longer wrap smile

pootlebug Mon 02-Sep-13 22:08:10

Are you near a sling library? You could maybe hire one to see whether you like it, and someone should show you how to use it too (there's a bit of a knack to ring slings)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now