This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best sling for a prem baby

(6 Posts)
rumtumtugger Sun 01-Sep-13 16:30:03

My baby was brn 6 weeks early and weighs approx 5.5lbs. We have a Maya wrap ring sling, a Baby Bjorn with lumbar support (says min weight should be 8lbs), and a didymos linen wrap in a size 6. Which would be the best to use?

catkind Sun 01-Sep-13 16:42:00

Aw, teeny snuggles. Congrats! I think I'd go with the wrap as being the most supportive, or maybe get a stretchy wrap? Linen might be a bit chunky for a little one?

pootlebug Mon 02-Sep-13 22:05:57

What wrap exactly is your Didymos linen? They vary hugely in type and thickness.

I agree with previous poster - the wrap sounds best.

If you're not confident with how to use it with a teeny baby, it might be worth getting some professional support via a babywearing consultant or local sling library etc. As pp said, a stretchy is great with tiny premature babies - look for a thin-ish stretchy with 2-way stretch like the Hana Baby or Boba Wrap.

rumtumtugger Thu 05-Sep-13 08:14:21

It's a didymos agave linen 6. Fairly new, so not that soft. I think I might borrow a stretchy for the first couple of months, she's so tiny.

ScottishInSwitzerland Thu 05-Sep-13 21:26:22

I had a Kari me stretchy wrap which I used in the cradle position when my dd2 was really teeny

bishboschone Thu 05-Sep-13 21:28:50

I had a baba sling for my prem baby. I wouldn't fancy one for a bigger baby but it worked for him as he was so small. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now