Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Newborn wriggling in moby wrap

(2 Posts)
gotadifferentnamenow Tue 20-Aug-13 19:51:50

Congrats on your new baby. flowers

You smell of milk and it's driving him mad! Kind of charming to remember, but hugely frustrating at the time. It will pass.

Are you walking with him in the sling when this happens?

Initially, is his head supported by one of the diagonal passes? You might find the support more 'wriggle-proof' if you use the horizontal section of material instead, possibly bolstered by a rolled up muslin. (I often did this as DS hated his head being covered, even when tiny, or asleep, or both.)

You are almost certainly not doing anything wrong. You just smell too good to him. ;)

chocolatesolveseverything Tue 20-Aug-13 12:02:42

Hi there, ds is 13 days old and wants to be fed/cuddled/carried all day long so we've got a moby wrap for him. But whereas my dh can pop him in and he stays safe and snuggled up, he usually starts wriggling as soon as I do so, demanding a feed. So within five minutes, by the time I'm ready to take him out and be fed, he's no longer snug against my chest and his head is totally unsupported. Am I doing something wrong? He is a bit of a natural Houdini and gives swaddling cloths similar treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now