This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What age approximately for back carries in a manduca?

(4 Posts)
Brugmansia Thu 15-Aug-13 16:25:09

Thanks both. I just have it a go and ds seemed ok. I don't think I'd feel comfortable taking him out on my back yet as i'd worry about accidentally knocking him, but will gradually get us both used to back carries round the house.

pootlebug Thu 15-Aug-13 14:37:16

I usually advise people from when they can sit unaided (am a sling consultant and run a sling library)

This is a good safe way to get them on your back www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUZMK0D2As

Spindelina Thu 15-Aug-13 11:38:51

My DD was starting to be back carried by 6 months. Not all the time - when she was fussy she'd still be on my front, and obviously feeding was on my front!

I started by setting up baby in Manduca propped up by cushions on sofa and reversing myself in. Then we learnt to hip scoot, which might be easier for a wriggler.

Brugmansia Thu 15-Aug-13 11:15:42

Just that really. Obviously all babies are different and some will be ok with a back carry sooner than others. I'm just looking for rough guidance.

DS is 6 months and pretty average size wise (just below 50th centile). He is also quite strong and sits unsupported easily for longish periods of time.

Also, any tips for getting him into a back carry in the manduca - he is very wriggly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now