Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

What slings / wraps would you recommend?

(5 Posts)
CruCru Thu 08-Aug-13 09:51:50

Hi all

I am due to have DC2 in September / October and have been looking at slings. I have an Ergo from when DS was small (which I liked a lot - actually I must give it a wash) but was wondering whether there is anything else I should try? I have done some Googling but am a bit baffled by all the choice.

I am about 165cm (5ft4 or so) and a size 18 when not enormously pregnant (just in case it is important).

I'd prefer something easy to buy. A friend of a friend keeps trying to buy one make of sling (Oscha?) and they seem to have hideous stocking issues, which would make me crazy.

pootlebug Thu 08-Aug-13 17:06:08

Are you near a Sling Library or sling meet or similar? You can put your postcode in at www.babywearing.co.uk/localsupport to find your nearest. There is so much choice it really makes sense to pop along and see some things in person if you can

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 08-Aug-13 17:12:43

I had a homemafe ring sling from Ebay for ds3 and it was amazing. Easy to put on and he loved it.

CruCru Thu 08-Aug-13 18:01:30

That's a good idea. I'll have a look.

PinkPepper Fri 09-Aug-13 11:54:54

Definitly go to a sling meet if you can.

lots of sling websites are often out of stock, but there's a massive selling/buying of preowned ones on some facebook sites

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now