This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Where to start?

(6 Posts)
lovesmileandlaugh Wed 24-Jul-13 19:54:24

I'm wanting to get a sling for a newborn that will adapt as he gets bigger. It is many years since I had a tomy front carrier which was difficult because of my big norks. Any ideas where to start?

Thanks

muppetthecow Wed 24-Jul-13 20:04:47

I had similar nork issues with DS1 (we had a Baby Bjorn style one that my sister gave us) and have gone for a Mei Tai this time. Loads of people have recommended them to me so I'm hoping it works as well for me (I'm 38 weeks so haven't actually tried it yet!). A friend of mine still uses hers as a back carrier for her DS who is almost 2, though quite slight. I was torn between that and a fabric wrap type one. The Mei Tai won on price in the end...

lovesmileandlaugh Wed 24-Jul-13 20:20:55

Thank you, will google mai-tai.
Dafter question, is it something I can go in a shop and try before I buy, or do I need to buy it online? Thank you

muppetthecow Wed 24-Jul-13 20:49:20

I bought mine online but I had a play with one at the local sling library first, if you have anything like that near you?

lovesmileandlaugh Wed 24-Jul-13 21:10:41

I have no idea they existed! Something else to google! Thanks

pootlebug Fri 26-Jul-13 14:13:30

You can put your postcode in here www.babywearing.co.uk/localsupport to find sling libraries and meets in your area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now