Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Woven wraps - opinions please!

(7 Posts)
jaggythistle Thu 11-Jul-13 21:34:00

If you want to try a wrap that is lighter and softer from new, I like my Little Frog one from Poland.

They are a lot less expensive, a size 6 would be just over £40 I think, including shipping.

Mine arrived in less than a week. smile

changechangechange Thu 11-Jul-13 20:11:41

I don't know what the exact wrap you're looking at is like, but standard storches are very very stiff brand new and I would recommend buying second-hand. Agree that the facebook group would be a brilliant place to ask.

FairyThunderthighs Thu 11-Jul-13 16:05:05

We tried wrapping our son at that age, having been carried a few times beforehand in a mei tai and then an ergo. He HATED it. I use a meitai now for very occasional carries which he prefers.

LemonBreeland Thu 11-Jul-13 16:01:14

Have you been on the Facebook slings for sale page. There are loads of people who could advise you on there.

Copps Thu 11-Jul-13 15:47:31

hmm.. he was worn in a stretchy wrap when younger, but has been 6 months or so since then..
the one im looking at is a special lighter/thinner one i think, but thank you for the advice. i like the idea of it being gd for older ones smile

If he hasn't been 'worn, before there is a chance he won't like it.

I have used wraps and own a storchenweige too. I wouldn't recommend it for summer/heat or as your first wrap. It is good for an older and heavier child though and once you master it, it is very simple.

Copps Thu 11-Jul-13 15:21:43

Hi there all smile I'm new to wrapping and my son is 14 months. so.. my first question is, will he hate it??!
secondly, i'm looking at buying a storchenwiege organic louise woven wrap (size 6). what are peoples' thoughts on this wrap?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now