Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Backpack sling for a two year old

(13 Posts)
Beetlelove Sun 21-Jul-13 14:24:45

I've got a preschool rose and rebellion which is fab for my 2.6 year old DS. He loves it and so do I!!

pootlebug Sun 14-Jul-13 11:26:12

I think the Beco Gemini is a very good carrier, but the body panel is smaller than the Manduca, so I wouldn't choose one for a bigger child as it is difficult to support their thighs properly. Toddler Tula or preschool Rose and rebellion should work, but I second the suggestion above to go to a local sling library and see what they have.

WinningBread Sat 13-Jul-13 21:54:54

Our Beco Gemini is amazing!

Quite structured, but soft. Great for a larger child on the back, with loads of room for manoeuvre in the straps!

Can't recommend it enough. That is all.

Toddler connecta? Where are you? If you google sling libraries and your local area there will be somewhere you can go and try slings out.

uk sling libraries directory here

Rockchick1984 Sat 13-Jul-13 21:47:36

Madam Googoo will make custom toddler carriers for under £100, so you can get the waist and shoulder straps made to the perfect length for you. I've got one of hers and its amazingly comfortable smile

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 09-Jul-13 10:53:27

Sorry, I started this thread and abandoned it blush

Todder Tula sounds like one to check out. I do like the Manduca and a similar style in toddler size might work well if I could get it over a coat. My issue with the Manduca has been the arm straps rather than the waist. I'm a 12/14 on the waist and hips, so there tends to be plenty of adjustment room. It has more been that I can't get DD snug against my back without the arms being uncomfortably bunched up IYSWIM.

Those sling coats are cute, thanks! I think I'd like something DH might wear too though, so I think a workable sling might be better this time.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long silence.

MollyNollyNoo Sun 07-Jul-13 16:34:08

I've put my Toddler Tula over a coat, or a Mai Tai (toddler size) goes quite well over a coat/thick jumper too, mine is a Melkaj.

chocolatemartini Sat 06-Jul-13 20:29:18

I haven't tried but I am completely positive the Tula toddler would go over a coat. That would be more comfortable than a framed one. If you measure your waist over the top of the coat I could check...

pootlebug Wed 03-Jul-13 15:35:04

Coat like this on top of your Manduca? www.maverickbaby.com/category/cali-calo-babywearing-jacket

There are various similar coats, but the Cali Calo one is the best I've seen for ease of putting on in a back carry (the bit above the baby press-studs together...you can see what I mean in the 2nd image here www.clarabulle.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42_71&products_id=455#ad-image-1 )

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 02-Jul-13 21:54:20

Thanks. I will check those out and report back - on my phone tonight so prob tomorrow. smile

Any more suggestions welcome.

Tidypidy Tue 02-Jul-13 21:36:48

Little life do a good range. We used ours from 6 months to nearly 3 yrs.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 02-Jul-13 21:35:09

Kanga XTP?

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 02-Jul-13 21:28:09

I have had various slings over the years - Manduca is what I currently use most.

But as of September I need to do a school run involving a cut through you can't do with a buggy. The Manduca is great in warm-ish weather. But I need a back carry sling which I can get over winter coats. I'm thinking maybe it needs to be a framed hiking type one, or does anyone have any other ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now