This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Beco Butterfly 2 vs Beco Soleil

(4 Posts)
pootlebug Tue 23-Jul-13 20:17:55

I've not tried the Soleil. But from what I've heard it is a bigger carrier than the Gemini or Butterfly.

I'm not a big fan on the Butterfly - I don't think the internal harness makes it very easy to get the baby well seated in the carrier. There are ways to do a back carry very safely that don't require an internal harness too. Beco have discontinued the Butterfly.

The Gemini is excellent if you want a structured buckle carrier that can be used from small baby upwards - it beats many of the rival soft structured carriers (Manduca, Ergo etc) for the 6 weeks to 5 months stage IMO, because it can be adjusted to fit a small baby well, but still adjusted to fit a bigger one too. That said, I think you'd grow out of it sooner than other carriers too - my 16 month old is still well supported in it, but another 3-6 months and I suspect it will lack sufficient support for her thighs, whereas the Manduca/Ergo etc would still support her well for a while longer (the Butterfly is also narrow and I'd face the same problem).

Hoping to get a Soleil for the sling library I run soon but suffering from the endless wishlist-versus-funds problem!

dowhat Tue 23-Jul-13 18:03:38

Hi Meringue33 What did you decide in the end? I'm also looking at the Soleil or maybe the Gemini. Has anyone else got any advice (sorry for hijacking)

Meringue33 Tue 02-Jul-13 13:01:25

Bump?? smile

Meringue33 Mon 01-Jul-13 20:27:04

Has anyone tried the (relatively) new Beco Soleil? Is it better than the Butterfly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now