This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which SSC for 13 month old? Seem to be in between sizes?

(9 Posts)
Cydonia Fri 28-Jun-13 12:16:19

Ah ok, will have a look at those too. According to a comparison chart I found online the Beco has the same dimensions as the Manduca, though not sure if the height given for the Manduca included the extra bit or not!

ellangirl Thu 27-Jun-13 21:49:07

The toddler connecta could be cinched in with chest strap to make the seat smaller, and the waistband could be rolled to make it shorter...

Cydonia Thu 27-Jun-13 21:16:15

Yes I like the look of the Boba too. Wish I wasn't on such a tight budget, hard to find some of them cheap enough even 2nd hand! Have started looking at Mei Tais as they seem cheaper but that's a whole new minefield. He'll be too big to carry by the time I've sorted this out!

InvaderZim Thu 27-Jun-13 21:04:00

I have a Boba 3G which I bought when my DD got too big for the Ergo to be comfy. She's 2.7 and still really great to carry in it!

NeedlesCuties Thu 27-Jun-13 21:00:49

I borrowed a Connecta from my local Sling Library. Liked it, but want to try a Boba next time.

The Ergo just felt too bulky for me - felt like I was in the army heading on a mission. But I have friends who love their Ergo.

Is really a matter of trying them and seeing what they are like on your body and with your DC. There are so many though that it makes it hard to choose!

Cydonia Wed 26-Jun-13 07:58:10

Thanks, that's helped to narrow it down a bit! Any thoughts on the Beco butterfly? I'd heard they have some sort of internal harness to help with back carries but from what I can find out they're not very big?

Try a a Tula it's long in the body for bigger babies so they sit deeper if that makes sense grin ergo come up short length ways not sure about manduca.

pootlebug Tue 25-Jun-13 23:44:23

I think most toddler sizes will be too big. The exception is the Toddler Patapum (baby patapum is tiny...toddler much bigger with seat darts).

The Manduca or Tula or Ergo will still last for some time yet in standard size. Tula make leg extension bits (that also fit on Manduca, Ergo and various others) that will help it last longer too. The Manduca panel extends in length too. My 15 month old still has it zipped to the short size when she wants arms out, although I lengthen it if she's sleepy.

All of the above will last at least another year or so. Add the extender bits if his legs get too dangly.

Cydonia Tue 25-Jun-13 21:20:58

Will try and keep this brief! I carried DS in a sleepy wrap til he was about 6 months, we've since been on a baby wearing break due to lack of funds/not being able to choose next step! I think he'll prefer a back carry so need something suitable for that. I have tried a Patapum baby carrier but it was a bit small.
So am basically looking for a SSC, but not sure which are the biggest? As some of the toddler ones seem like they would be too big, eg Connecta. Any recommendations for something I can use now but which will still last another year or so? DS is just over 10kg/22.4 lbs ish and fairly chunky but still average size I would say!
I am due to try some at my local sling library but they only have one SSC and one Mei tai, the rest are wraps so not sure if it will be all that helpful!
Thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now