Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Babasling vs Stretchy sling??

(7 Posts)
effyzm Mon 17-Jun-13 18:35:36

I've been given a babasling as a gift and I like the look and feel of it. I'm 35 weeks pregnant so haven't had the chance to use it. I've also been looking at stretchy slings like the moby one and thinking about getting one of those instead as I like the closeness you get with them and I think they look more comfortable. So what do I do? Anyone tried both?

pootlebug Mon 17-Jun-13 19:05:01

Have tried both and prefer the stretchy wrap by about a gazillion times. I would think about a thinner one than the Moby for summer though - the Hana Baby Wrap would be my top pick but also the Cot2tot or the Boba wrap are both stretchier and lighter weight than the Moby.

I hate the Babasling, which is referred to as the Bagashite in our house (albeit not when people bring them for me to help them at the sling library I run when I do my best to make it work for them as best as I can)

spekulatius Tue 18-Jun-13 08:14:13

Yes also def prefer stretchy. Babasling is really uncomfortable. And doesn't feel safe on the back. Stretchy is so nice. The baby is really close to you and in the safe position as when pregnant so they are used to all your movements and feel safe. And it doesn't take long to put on once you know what you are doing. I've only ever used it in the front position though.

Andcake Tue 18-Jun-13 13:39:48

I only had the babasling but probably would have also liked a stretchy sling. If the other was a gift id also buy a stretchy one.

Saying that i am still occasionally using the babasling with 10 mo and its fine whereas most friends with stretchy wraps seem to have stopped using them. The other thing about babasling is oh didn't mind wearing it in the house when working on his laptop at home so I could get some sleep whilst ds slept on him - i don't think a stretch wrap would have been as easy for him - our little boy was basically unputdownable without tears (still is a bit to be fair).

cantreachmytoes Tue 18-Jun-13 15:08:37

It's not what you asked, but is wait until baby is here before deciding as at the end of the day, you'll need and want whatever their preference is. We had stretchy, non-stretchy (three types of each - inherited) and some other baby carriers (also all I herited) and DS couldn't stand being in any of them, he just screamed. We even had so done come over to make sure we were using the stretchy and non-stretchy ones properly and she couldn't suggest a way that helped him. In the end what he wanted was his pram, or to be held in our arms.

jaggythistle Tue 18-Jun-13 20:58:55

Also hated the babasling and Ebayed it after only a few tries. I used my stretchy so much. Its great being able to tie it on ready then put baby in, e.g. when you get out of the car.

Stretchy by a gazillion here too. grin

Lion5711 Sat 29-Jun-13 15:56:10

Again another negative I'm afraid, the baba sling wasn't very good, I would of been muh more confident with a stretchy one. My son felt too small/lost in at as a newborn the suddenly really heavy and pulling on my shoulders when he was 6 months. I did use it a lot to make the most but bought a mei tai at 12 months and wish I had sooner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now