This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Sling suggestion please!

(8 Posts)

Hoping the sling experts can help me out.

DH has just become a childminder and whilst we are planning to get a double buggy I think there are going to be times when some sort of sling/backpack/carrier would be really useful - especially for letting him be hands free around the house or at the park etc when the youngest needs cuddled. He's soon going to have an almost 1 year old (but a very dinky one!) starting and then not long after will be joined by a roughly 6 month old.

Ideally we'd like something that would work for both of them, and will be relatively easy/quick to put on. We had a Moby with DD which whilst he didn't mind wearing he found an absolute PITA to put on. He's around 6ft tall, quite large and has some back problems so something which distributes weight quite well is important

Any suggestions ladies?

changechangechange Wed 22-May-13 19:15:24

Sounds like you're looking for a soft structured carrier (ssc). Lots of brands and people have different preferences. Ergo is the biggest name but not my favourite. Manduca is lovely. Connecta and Rose & Rebellion also v nice and a bit cheaper. Patapum. Tula. Beco.

TwitchyTail Wed 22-May-13 21:45:32

I love my Manduca smile Easy to put on, correct positioning of hips, comfortable, washable, looks all German and manly if that's important to him.

Love the idea of DH looking manly whilst childminding smile

I will look at those, thank you. The Rose & Rebellion look lovely so I might keep my eye open for a 2nd hand one of those or something similar. Like the look of the Manduca too.

TwitchyTail Wed 22-May-13 22:18:03

wink I read about men wanting manly looking slings a lot on here, though my DH carries my Cath Kidston bag without complaint, he mutters something about being secure in his masculinity grin

If you go for a Manduca, I found it cheapest on Amazon.

DH gave up fairly quickly on manliness when we had a daughter...the purple pram and matching changing bag set the tone and I'm gradually training him on how to style her hair!

changechangechange Thu 23-May-13 06:55:57

Second hand R&Rs seem to come up quite frequently on the Slings and Things FSOT fb group. smile

mamacoffee Thu 23-May-13 20:53:17

R&rs often come up on zulily cheaper too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now