This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can I tandem wearing 2 Boba 3G?

(10 Posts)
MultipleMama Mon 27-May-13 16:46:03

Thanks for the advice *swanthing", I check out the connectas.

DoingTheSwanThing Fri 17-May-13 23:19:06

If you're really keen in tandeming with SCCs, connectas might be better, less bulky waistbands and you can roll up the bottoms and clinch in more easily

DoingTheSwanThing Fri 17-May-13 23:15:18

Quickest tandem I do is ring sling on front/hip, put of first (empty) then knotless rucksack/ ruck tied under bum with a short woven on the back

MultipleMama Fri 17-May-13 23:07:18

I'm not opposed to trying wrap - was looking at the boba one - quite experienced with the moby, so hoping it's same. I just hated all the material when I just want it on and be out the door.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst - I kinda like that hold, looks simple and quick.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Fri 17-May-13 21:18:59

Well twins wouldnt settle so tried mai tai on back and ring sling on front through mai tai straps. Quick enough to put on and surprisingly comfy!

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Fri 17-May-13 20:08:58

I've been trying to figure out the quickest and simplest tandem carry too as I currently have 3 under 2 & didn't babywear at all witth no. 1.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Fri 17-May-13 20:07:17
WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Fri 17-May-13 20:07:01

On YouTube there's a paxbaby video of a wrapped baby on back and baby beco ssc on front, or I've just seen a video of a ssc on back and a shortie wrap (or ring sling) on front but tied through the ssc straps so a really simple wrap job just on the front. My 4 month old twins are trying to go to sleep otherwise I'd be trying it with my mai tei and ring sling right now!

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXY-Gqa9A5E&feature=youtube_gdata_player]
Hope that works!

pootlebug Fri 17-May-13 17:57:22

I was about to say use a stretchy wrap for the newborn on your front (not a Moby - something lighter and stretchier like the Boba or Hana baby for preference) and the Boba3g on your back....but I see you don't like wraps.

If you could get over the wrap aversion I think it is the easiest way - as you can pre-tie the wrap, put the elder one on the back, and then pop the baby in on the front - saves leaning forward with the tiny baby on your front. You might be able to do similar with the Close Caboo maybe.

Two buckle carriers doesn't work that well for me as the waistbands get in each others way too much and the straps are too thick to fit over each other on shoulders.

MultipleMama Thu 16-May-13 16:06:56

I bought a Boba 3G a while and have used it a few times around the house and practicing back carrying.

I'll be introducing twins in late Nov/early Dec, and was wondering if it was possible to wear 2 to carry a 1 year old and a newborn? If not 2 boba 3GS, can you suggest a carrier for newborn?

I dislike wrap carriers so I really don't want wraps, rings, or moby (even though I loved it before)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now