This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Sling for 1 and 3 y.o.s

(5 Posts)
mrsmandm Mon 06-May-13 19:48:58

We are off on holiday for three week to Italy and I decided we would be best getting a couple of soft structured carriers for the girls. So, I bought Ergos, but it turns out they're fake. I'm sending them back and getting a refund, but just wondered if we should get something different instead? My husband and I are both quite slight, and the girls are not big for their ages (only just turned 1 and 3). Any recommendations much appreciated, it's driving me mad!

NigellaLawless Mon 06-May-13 19:53:03

I have friends that use Huckepack (I think that's the right spelling) and tula soft structured carriers and really like them. I prefer mei tais and find the lenny lamb ones are excellent both for my son and nephew who are now 1.5 and 3.5

have a lovely holiday I don't mind admitting I'm quite jealous wink

mrsmandm Mon 06-May-13 19:57:49

Thank you very much - off to google them now!

pootlebug Mon 06-May-13 19:59:11

Are you near a sling library? You could potentially borrow something for your holiday, then decide if it is something you want to invest in or not.

You can search by postcode here:
www.babywearing.co.uk/localsupport/

mamapants Mon 06-May-13 20:06:34

I have the ergo and think its great.
I use it for my 10mth old but my sister says she could still get hers in when they were 4 or 5.
They are completely adaptable so fot all size of parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now