This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best sling for large-breasted mum with back pain?

(29 Posts)
missuswife Tue 23-Apr-13 22:35:16

My dd is two months old and weights 12 lbs. She is happy in the Baby Bjorn but every time I wear it my back and legs hurt the next day. I am 5'7", size 16 and have huge boobs (36K). I'd like to be able to breastfeed my dd in the sling.

I heard the Baby K'tan is good for all the above. Has anyone tried it? Can anyone recommend a good sling for me?

Also I have tried a ring sling and it did not work for us.

5madthings Wed 24-Apr-13 11:08:56

Ergo, a mei tai or moby wrap.i all foind good and i have big boobs.

You.might get an ergo.baby insert cheap on ebay smile

ChasingStaplers Wed 24-Apr-13 11:17:09

I have lower back issues and had SPD in pregnancy, 34H boobs and a heavy 17lb 3 month old DS, heavier 2 year old DS and even heavier 4 year old DD!

I use a boba 3G and can comfortably carry the eldest two on my back or DS2 on my front.

ChasingStaplers Wed 24-Apr-13 11:20:35

Forgot to say that I'm also tall - 5'9'' and dress size 12-14 and this is the only sling I've managed to breastfeed in. nothing to do with my boobs being much stretchier after 3 children, oh no!

hannahbunn654 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:24:08

Hi, I just would like to back up the support for Mei Tai slings, they are great and extremely durable I have use them for both my newborns and I wouldn't look to get any other - not discrediting any other sling but these have been the product for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now