Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

What to use?

(5 Posts)
Pumble Mon 22-Apr-13 15:27:45

My dd2 is 5 months and I would love to put her in a carrier as will be much easier than the pushchair but no idea what to get. It needs to be easy to get on and off and ideally not lots of money.... Any thoughts?! Thank you smile

k2togm1 Mon 22-Apr-13 15:39:05

How heavy is she? There is a yahoo group called the uk baby wearing or such, can't link on phone, where you can get lovely things second hand. Baby carrying is great, but you need to get something that'll be comfy depending on whether she is on the heavy side or not. An structured carrier such as ergo is fantastic, or a Mei Tai which is slightly less structured if she is heavy /ish, if not a wrap would be ok still. It also depends on what you see yourself using.

pootlebug Mon 22-Apr-13 18:20:45

Are you anywhere near a sling library or sling meet? Different things suit different people - and when you try things in person you might end up wanting something different to what you initially thought. You can look them up here - it will search on your postcode:

www.babywearing.co.uk/localsupport/

Pumble Mon 22-Apr-13 21:15:54

Thanks for your replies. She's a little one - only 12lb10oz at the moment....I'll have a look at the website and see if I can find a sling library - I assume I can take DD1 who's just turned two along too if I go? I quite like the idea of it still having some structure to it - I did look at the ergo before I posted as someone had mentioned it, but I think that she's too small at the moment.

KelleStar Mon 22-Apr-13 21:24:46

I really recommend sling meets/library. I met a lady who was absolutely bonkers about attachment parenting, she was hilarious. But I managed to try a couple of slings and carriers until I found one that suited me. I am short and overweight with gert big norks and a small baby, I have a bush baby back pack for longer walks and a mobi wrap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now