This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

HOW much for a wrap?!

(7 Posts)
youmaycallmeSSP Fri 22-Mar-13 12:08:42

shock There is someone on a FB group at the moment listing a wrap sling for £450! Flippin' eck. Their entire 'stash' for sale comes to over £2000! <faints> I thought my Ergo was extortionate. Just shock

Rockchick1984 Fri 22-Mar-13 15:44:05

Still a hell of a lot cheaper than a Bugaboo or an iCandy smile

youmaycallmeSSP Fri 22-Mar-13 19:12:11

Not really, if that second-hand wrap was compared to a second-hand designer pushchair. And it's just material!

Rockchick1984 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:34:57

But the wrap will hold its value - if you buy a new pushchair it will massively devalue and you won't get back anywhere near what you paid. The wrap (if its one of that sort of value) you can sell on for at least what you paid, often for more than the RRP. They are all just ways to transport your baby!

People are willing to pay a lot of money for designer items, be it buggies, slings or clothing. The most I've known a wrap go for was around £1,000.

youmaycallmeSSP Fri 22-Mar-13 20:20:19

That's interesting, I hadn't realised that they have a collectible value. I'm still rather shocked at anyone paying so much for a long strip of fabric though. £1000?! Was it woven from unicorn hair or something? grin

KatAndKit Wed 03-Apr-13 14:57:28

There are lots and lots of cheaper wraps available. People on FB are paying for the name and the fact that some of these wraps are quite rare as not many of them are produced (Oschas for example). You can get a perfectly decent wrap for about £50 if you just want it to carry your baby and you are not interested in it being some sort of status symbol.

peanutMD Fri 05-Apr-13 11:45:29

I have a £15 VSL wrap...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now