Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

sling for 11 m old?

(5 Posts)
pootlebug Wed 20-Mar-13 13:05:18

Yes, the Scootababy is primarily a hip carrier, though you can do other carries. You can use other buckle carriers to do a hip carry but they work better for front and back.

ariane5 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:47:55

He does like being held on my hip a lot is the scootababy a hip carrier then ?

pootlebug Mon 18-Mar-13 10:40:11

The Caboo is weight tested to 30lb - i.e. it won't break. But really not comfy for most babies over 6-8 months imo.

Are you near a sling library? If you could go and try some things that is ideal as different things work for different people.

If you primarily want to front/back carry I'd suggest something like the Ergo, Manduca etc. If he likes to be on your hip I'd think about the Scootababy. Or a mei tai like say Melkaj, or a woven wrap (although the latter will take more practice to master)

youmaycallmeSSP Mon 18-Mar-13 10:16:22

A soft structured carrier would almost certainly be better for you than a soft stretchy one like the Caboo. Have a look at the Ergo, Manduca, Beco, Boba and Connecta carriers. Most of the weight is taken on your hips, which makes carrying a larger baby much easier.

ariane5 Sun 17-Mar-13 23:00:49

Ds2 is 11 months old and weighs about 17lb

He is very clingy but wriggly and I can't manage to hold him constantly as have 3 other dcs who need attention due to medical issues.

I was looking at the caboo carrier as it said for toddlers up to 30lb? Or is there a better sling?

I just need my arms and back to stop hurting! He wriggles too much and I can't bear having to carry him every min of the day, he screams if put down and has even started to hate the buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now