This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How long can/did you use a sling when pregnant?

(3 Posts)
Lancrehotpot Mon 25-Feb-13 07:30:04

My DS is 10 months and I am 16 weeks pg with DC2. We have a pram which I use mostly for road-walking, but often use the sling (wrap) for bus etc. He is a tall boy and has been carried on my back recently as front is too uncomfortable. Can anyone tell me how long it's advisable to carry him like this for (pregnancy-wise)? I am not uncomfortable, but am aware that I will rapidly be running out of waist roomgrin

Rockchick1984 Mon 25-Feb-13 12:19:46

As long as you're comfortable it's fine smile I've known people still wearing toddlers until days before labour - doubt if I'll manage that but it's certainly possible!

Best carries tend to be a ruck tied Tibetan, or a Double Hammock as neither of these need to be near your bump, YouTube has loads of videos of these in action.

Lancrehotpot Mon 25-Feb-13 13:14:33

Thanks Rockchick; got into a rut of doing the same ties so I will definitely check those out.
Don't think I'll be managing up to labour either!
Can't say I'm looking forward to the disapproving comments from relatives though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now