This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Gah! How do I keep 10mo from pulling my hair in back carrier?

(7 Posts)
MollyNollyNoo Wed 20-Feb-13 21:35:17

I carry oat cakes with me, if it gets too much I give DS half to munch on and that distracts him, or I give him a book to read up there (he is a little bit older than your DD though so the book one may not work for a while yet).

RainbowsFriend Sun 17-Feb-13 09:27:22

I wore a gumigem necklace - she preferred to play with that.

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Feb-13 19:51:00

This looks like it would be a good, secure wrap, and theres some nice ties here

weaverofmetals Mon 11-Feb-13 18:41:49

Oh dear. Well, alternatively, anyone know of any good scarf-tying resources?

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Feb-13 18:05:31

I'm afraid during that annoying stage, a scarf is the best solution. It does go though.

pootlebug Mon 11-Feb-13 18:00:53

Erm... I chopped mine all off to a pixie cut. Not a complete success...she no longer pulls my hair but often pulls my ears instead....

Failing that, I don't think there's much you can do apart from wait for that phase to pass, rvh.

weaverofmetals Mon 11-Feb-13 17:58:25

I got a Connecta that I use for back carries. I love it! But my 10mo has started pulling my hair in it. It's maddening! She doesn't listen if I tell her to stop, and instead just pulls harder (like she's mad at me!).

It's similar to when she goes for my glasses from the front, but then I can hug her and tell her not to do it, and she has basically stopped that. But in the back carry I can't reach her.

Any ideas? It really hurts, and if I pull it up on top of my head in a bun, she tears at the back. I'm current trying to figure out how to tie a headscarf nice and secure to protect it, but I'd really rather she didn't pull my hair in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now