Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Gah! How do I keep 10mo from pulling my hair in back carrier?

(7 Posts)
weaverofmetals Mon 11-Feb-13 17:58:25

I got a Connecta that I use for back carries. I love it! But my 10mo has started pulling my hair in it. It's maddening! She doesn't listen if I tell her to stop, and instead just pulls harder (like she's mad at me!).

It's similar to when she goes for my glasses from the front, but then I can hug her and tell her not to do it, and she has basically stopped that. But in the back carry I can't reach her.

Any ideas? It really hurts, and if I pull it up on top of my head in a bun, she tears at the back. I'm current trying to figure out how to tie a headscarf nice and secure to protect it, but I'd really rather she didn't pull my hair in the first place.

pootlebug Mon 11-Feb-13 18:00:53

Erm... I chopped mine all off to a pixie cut. Not a complete success...she no longer pulls my hair but often pulls my ears instead....

Failing that, I don't think there's much you can do apart from wait for that phase to pass, rvh.

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Feb-13 18:05:31

I'm afraid during that annoying stage, a scarf is the best solution. It does go though.

weaverofmetals Mon 11-Feb-13 18:41:49

Oh dear. Well, alternatively, anyone know of any good scarf-tying resources?

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Feb-13 19:51:00

This looks like it would be a good, secure wrap, and theres some nice ties here

RainbowsFriend Sun 17-Feb-13 09:27:22

I wore a gumigem necklace - she preferred to play with that.

MollyNollyNoo Wed 20-Feb-13 21:35:17

I carry oat cakes with me, if it gets too much I give DS half to munch on and that distracts him, or I give him a book to read up there (he is a little bit older than your DD though so the book one may not work for a while yet).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now