This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wovens - sizes??

(4 Posts)
oldebaglady Sat 09-Feb-13 13:14:57

Thanks BlueandRed!

that site do 3.7, 4.2 and 5.2, so it looks like a 6 isn't an option hmm I do want it to be as universal as possible! - I much prefer their designs to the more tie-dye-ey type patterns on FSOT

my baby is only small still so I'ld want something I can do front and back carries with as I want a long term wrap, I don't want to end up with a "stash" - I can't afford it

BlueAndRedMakePurple Fri 08-Feb-13 21:16:46

Oh a size 6 is 4.6m , 5 is 4.2m (and the 5.2m is a 7)

BlueAndRedMakePurple Fri 08-Feb-13 21:15:26

grin at the local A crowd being severe! (I'm not AP so find alot of them are quite scary!)

A size 6 is the most universal, but it does depend on what carry you'll be looking to do. Back carries can be done with shorter wraps. I'm a 16 and have a size 5 but tend to only back carry with it.

One thing I will say is most woven wraps require some breaking in, they can be pretty crunchy out of the box and be a little harder to wrap with. Best way to break them in is abuse them (braid them, use them as a hammock, thread them through the stairgate bars/banister bars, sit on them whilst on the sofa, sleep on them in bed etc etc)
If you look at second hand you might bypass that bit.

oldebaglady Fri 08-Feb-13 15:22:13

hello, please can someone talk me through the sizings for woven wraps

I love my stretchy, and although i already have a mei tai and a SSC lined up, I think I'ld prefere something more like a stretchy for when the baby is too big for the stretchy IYKWIM.

I like this sort of thing but have no idea what size to order www.maverickbaby.com/product/easycare-21

I'm a short size 14 (big end of 14 but hopefully 12 again by the time the stretchy has run its course) with a big baby

Sling meet/library not an option - the local AP crowd are rather.... severe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now