Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

wovens - sizes??

(4 Posts)
oldebaglady Fri 08-Feb-13 15:22:13

hello, please can someone talk me through the sizings for woven wraps

I love my stretchy, and although i already have a mei tai and a SSC lined up, I think I'ld prefere something more like a stretchy for when the baby is too big for the stretchy IYKWIM.

I like this sort of thing but have no idea what size to order www.maverickbaby.com/product/easycare-21

I'm a short size 14 (big end of 14 but hopefully 12 again by the time the stretchy has run its course) with a big baby

Sling meet/library not an option - the local AP crowd are rather.... severe!

BlueAndRedMakePurple Fri 08-Feb-13 21:15:26

grin at the local A crowd being severe! (I'm not AP so find alot of them are quite scary!)

A size 6 is the most universal, but it does depend on what carry you'll be looking to do. Back carries can be done with shorter wraps. I'm a 16 and have a size 5 but tend to only back carry with it.

One thing I will say is most woven wraps require some breaking in, they can be pretty crunchy out of the box and be a little harder to wrap with. Best way to break them in is abuse them (braid them, use them as a hammock, thread them through the stairgate bars/banister bars, sit on them whilst on the sofa, sleep on them in bed etc etc)
If you look at second hand you might bypass that bit.

BlueAndRedMakePurple Fri 08-Feb-13 21:16:46

Oh a size 6 is 4.6m , 5 is 4.2m (and the 5.2m is a 7)

oldebaglady Sat 09-Feb-13 13:14:57

Thanks BlueandRed!

that site do 3.7, 4.2 and 5.2, so it looks like a 6 isn't an option hmm I do want it to be as universal as possible! - I much prefer their designs to the more tie-dye-ey type patterns on FSOT

my baby is only small still so I'ld want something I can do front and back carries with as I want a long term wrap, I don't want to end up with a "stash" - I can't afford it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now