This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mei tie for newborn

(6 Posts)
saycheeeeeese Fri 08-Feb-13 16:28:56

I've tried a few and mei tais are definitely very good!

I recommend going in ebay and looking for a second hand baby hawk though if you can afford a new oe go for it smile

oldebaglady Fri 08-Feb-13 15:58:10

or a ring sling?

oldebaglady Fri 08-Feb-13 15:40:19

sorry ignore that link, it was one I copied for another thread, this is the soft one DH uses with our newborn:
www.daisybabyshop.co.uk/mei-tai-with-hood-and-pocket/

oldebaglady Fri 08-Feb-13 15:39:26

DH uses this every day for our newborn: http://www.maverickbaby.com/product/easycare-21
its nice and soft so you can get it nice and tight, you fold up the bottom for a newborn

we also have a MSN designs one (ebay shop) and IMO the material of the ties is too stiff to get it properly tight

I use the stretchy personally

pootlebug Thu 07-Feb-13 09:50:51

The Hoppediz Hop Tye is my favourite for small ones as has drawstrings top and bottom to cinch it in to the right width for littler babies. It is made from woven wrap fabric and much snugglier than many mei tais imo.

apachepony Wed 06-Feb-13 13:27:32

Hi, seems most people like stretchies for newborns but my baby didn't like it when I briefly tried him in one, although he may have been in a bad mood. Also seemed like it could be v warm. Had a loan of a woven wrap and it was ok but a bit tricky to wrap and can't see dh using a wrap. Like the look of a Mei tei, seems a little easier to use but don't see anyone on here recommending them for newborns. Anyone used one? How do you find it? Ds is a small 4 wo - who won't be put down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now