Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Babywearing poncho?

(3 Posts)
AngelDog Fri 25-Jan-13 19:10:52

Any suggestions which is good (or not)?

I want something warm I can put over DS2 and me when we're out and he's on m back, but that I can take off again when we come indoors without having to get him out. I was going to get a cover like the Hoppediz one, but that'd mean me keeping my coat on.

Front carries are fine as I just wear my maternity coat, but it's much harder to deal with DS1 when DS2 is on my front.

pootlebug Sat 26-Jan-13 15:47:04

I have the Cali Calo Stella jacket (Maverick Baby sell them). It is a bit more expensive than some ponchos, but can be used front and back. The main feature I really like about it is that instead of having to put the baby's head through a hole in the fabric in a back carry - which in my experience nearly always wakes them up when you take it off and knocks their woolly hat off when you put it on - the coat goes on and off like a normal coat and then press studs fasten it at the back of your neck. You can see what I mean in the 2nd picture here www.clarabulle.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=455&osCsid=a21529f23910e064624860cb79683e33#ad-image-1

AngelDog Sat 26-Jan-13 23:07:36

Thanks, that's really useful to know. I was thinking of a poncho as I thought they'd be less likely to wake the baby than most of the coats I've seen. Now I just need to work out whether I can afford it. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now