This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Please help - best way to carry 2yo but only some of the time

(10 Posts)
NotInMyDay Sun 13-Jan-13 22:05:39

Hi I carried DS for the first 10m of his life mostly using a Moby wrap. I LOVED it. He got too wriggly for the stretchy wrap to has been in the buggy since but neither of us like it now. He is a keen walker but somedays I walk up to 6 miles which is just too much for him.

I'd like to ditch the buggy and just carry him when he is tired. Can anyone suggest a good hip carrier for this purpose?

I don't want a back carrier as I don't want the faff of in and out 20 times. Would a hippy chick hip seat be too hard on my arms if he needed carried some distance? and make me look like a tit when he isn't sitting on it

I scoured the boards but no one else seems to have these requirements.

TIA

Indifference Sun 13-Jan-13 22:35:17

Ring sling! Just pop over your shoulder, pop LO in, pull the tail to tighten et voila!

I will admit, some people don't get on with them so may be worth borrowing/renting one from a sling library before you jump in and buy one smile

Wrigglebum Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:11

What about a ring sling? Once you get the hang of them they're easy for up and downs and they'll pop in a bag. Get one made from woven wrap material for a two yo. Linen and hemp are supposed to be good for toddlers or bara barns get good review.

Wrigglebum Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:32

Xposts!

Indifference Sun 13-Jan-13 22:43:24

great minds eh?! hehe

NotInMyDay Mon 14-Jan-13 07:39:06

Thanks for replying. I'm going to look at ring slings. I'd like to get one second hand.

Wrigglebum Mon 14-Jan-13 18:24:03

Try Natural Mamas or the Slings FSOT group on Facebook if you want to look for second hand ones.

pootlebug Sun 20-Jan-13 14:35:40

A ring sling would work. The scootababy is also well worth a look

I used a ring sling carrying him on my back once he was bigger, now he's 3, I rarely use the sling, when his legs get too tired I chuck him up on my back and he hangs on like a monkey grin it was such a relief to ditch the buggy permanently! There is a knack to swinging them onto your back and to start with I let him climb on , but things all get easier with time and practise.

If you are looking at ring slings the ones with padded edge rails are more comfortable for you and your LO! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now